Facebook’s Marketplace is a convenient destination to discover, buy and sell items with people in your local area. The Marketplace is available on your mobile devices (phone/tablet) as well as your computer. (All my reference pictures are from my computer. Your phone/tablet app could look a little different.)
- The Marketplace is a peer-to-peer environment, meaning it’s based upon your personal Facebook profile. (We can’t post as our business pages, yet).
Before selling your products, make sure you are compliant with Facebook selling https://www.facebook.com/policies/commerce If you are a direct sales company owner or any have any type of shared partnership, please make sure you see your company’s rules and regulations for posting to Facebook.
The Marketplace opens with photos of items that people near you have listed for sale.
To find something specific:
- Browse: Use the top search bar to search for specific items in a specific location.
- Browse: Use the search categories to change location, category and price range.
- Use the left-hand side panel to browse categories. You can also keep track of what you are buying and selling from here too.
When you find something that you like, tap/click on the image to see more details from the seller, including description, name/profile of the seller, and their general location.
- At the bottom of the image you can click through /scroll through to see more pictures. The circles at the bottom lets you know how many photos are posted for that item.
- You can save this item and come back to it later. Access, it through the saved link in the Marketplace.
- You can message a seller and ask more questions and even pay for an item from here.
Sell something in the Marketplace:
When you are ready to sell your items in the Marketplace follow these directions. Again, make sure you are not violating any Social Media or Internet rules for your company/business.
- While you are in the Marketplace, click the Sell Something button.
- The Sell something on Marketplace dialog box will appear.
- Title: What are you selling? Make sure you add keywords people would search for your item with.
- Price: Add your selling price.
- Location: Add your nearby location.
- Category: Select a category that best fits your product.
- Description: Describe your item, what are people buying? Be as specific as you can.
- Photos: Upload excellent quality photos of your products.
- When finished, click Post. You will now be able to use the “selling” tab in the Marketplace to keep track of everything you are selling.