“Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking “what’s in it for me?” – Brian Tracy”
Are you willing to help others succeed even when it’s not a requirement of your job to be of assistance? What does your personal life say about you, are you willing do to the same thing?
Helping others succeed can be your great success! The more generous you are with your time, energy and expertise – the more you give – the more you get.
- People return favors: I think everyone today knows the rule of reciprocation, paying it back, returning favors. Go above and beyond when working other entrepreneurs and businesses. Provide a service for free or promote them through your marketing efforts. And, when the time is right, those businesses will do whatever it takes to return the favor.
- Giving expands your network: Growing your network probably has made you money along the way. It’s the people you meet and the referrals you get that bring people into your business. The bigger your network, the easier it will be for you to achieve success. Why not share that network? If someone is in need of a service and you know someone who can help them, put them in touch with each other.
- Karma: Here’s a great quote. “No man who continues to add something to the material, intellectual and moral well-being of the place in which he lives is left long without proper reward.” -Booker T. Washington Karma is an ancient Indian concept that links a person’s actions to their destiny. “What goes around comes around” “You reap what you sow”
- Giving makes you happy: When you are happy, you’re more productive. As entrepreneurs you are the driving force of your business, so it’s important that you stay happy and productive. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
- It makes the world a better place: “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank